Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing contact reports

Printing contact reports

Looking for some help/guidance.  Having an issue when I select an account to do a contact report.  After the selection I send the file to print preview - the page is blank.  Help!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing contact reports

You need to edit the template and set the Hide On Empty Subreports property to No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy:

Thanks very much for the direction.  I tried to find the area you listed, wasn't successful.  I found the template page but could not find the "Hide On Empty Subreports" selection.  We are using 10.0 version of ACT.

Ken Brown

View the properties panel for the Detail section.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy:

I hate to seem like a moron, but I am having a hard time finding where you are directing me to go.  I am using my drop down menu in Reports at the top of my icon bar.  I am then selecting Edit Templates at the bottom.  I then select the Contact Report template.  After that, I get lost.  Am I on the right path?

Yes. If the properties panel is not showing try pressing the F4 function key or go to View | Properties Panel.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy.  Found it!  Changed to "no" - seems to have fixed the issue.  Have a great new year.  Thanks again.

Ken

Roy,

Thank you for posting this response.  I had the same problem and your information solved it for me.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

3 hours into creating and formatting a report and I have the same issue in Act 2011 Premium. I found the view properties, and see a couple of places to change the flag to "no" but it doesn't seem to matter. I still have a blank report. Is there some universal setting that overrides this? It's very frustrating.

Copper Contributor

Found it, finally. For anyone else similarly challeged as I was, you have to click the body of the report that's missing first. It appears to work by individual report section. Why it defaulted to blank is a curiosity though.