Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing a Group

Printing a Group

I have entered a lot of contacts into a group and I want to print those contacts/addresses on mailing labels.  I don't want to print any other contacts, but I don't see how to do that.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing a Group

Hello Barbara,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. To print labels for a group:

- Go to the Groups screen and select your group

- Click the Contacts tab for that group

- Right-click in the tab area and select Create Lookup - this will show the group members as a lookup

- Go to File > Print, choose Labels, select your label type and click Print

- In the Print dialog box, choose Current Lookup. This will print labels only for the group members you just created the lookup for

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you so much for your help. 

Thanks that worked, except when print the contact name it only used one first anme and last ea. (John Smith) instead of (John & Mary Smith) Please advise and thatnks in advance

Mike

It sounds like it is using just the First Name and Last Name fields. Edit the label, delete the current name field and add either the Contact field or the Salutation field, whichever ones has the desired name in it. The following Knowledgebase article provides instructions for editing a label template:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1398...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig

FYI the standard label templates assemble the contact in a custom field and uses the Prefix, First Name, Last Name and Suffix fields. When switching the name field to the Contact field the associated scrips should be deleted and the hidden fields used by the name script should also be deleted.

One of the reasons I always recommend creating a new template from scratch rather than editing an existing template.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129