Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Task List, with Pop-up Screen "Shrink to Fit Page"

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Printing Task List, with Pop-up Screen "Shrink to Fit Page"

FYI -ACT 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Windows 7 Professional , HP Photosmart 7520 Printer

Problems Printing Task List and with Pop-up Screen "Shrink to Fit Page" to longer visable

In the past I would click on the Task List toolbar (or click on print Task List Screen) and a pop up screen would then ask if I wanted to shrink the listing to fit the page (Landscape). I then was able to print the Task List; I had to go to preferences and pick a larger font size like 14 (instead of my normal font 9 size for viewing the Task List) in order to print an easily readable Task List printout.
( I can no longer do this because of my computer problem? print a good Task List, see below)

Read below prior to writing about my problem ; My computer had a problem, after an auto uploading a Windows Update and/or when I installed Spybot.  AOL did not work, so clicked on restore and that corrected it opening correctly.  Tried to open ACT and had to choose a database to open. And discovered that my backup/copy of the Database  was two weeks old. So  ACT Task List opened into a two week old list.  I then clicked system restore (files) and  then ACT opened into my latest Task  List (6-13-18). I then made a backup Database cop and a second copy as a Backup.

The problem is (after my computer problem was  corrected as noted above) that when I click on print Task List now I do not get the pop up print screen to shrink the columns to fit the page. I only get a pop up asking me to choose how many pages to print (and which ones)… and then the printer prints out 5 or so pages with large font sizes of the Task List. I also tried to copy to a PDF file and when opening the PDF page… it only shows part of one page of the Task List info (enlarged). I searched ACT KB and did not see a solution.

Q:1a- Can I get my ACT2010  disc out and install the software again?
Q: 1b -And is there an area within the disc to repair, restore fix problems?

Any help is most appreciated,

Sy S

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
a month ago
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Task List, with Pop-up Screen "Shrink to Fit Page"

Hi SyBerGuy,

To reset this you need to go to...

Tools | Preferences | Communications | Quick Print Preferences

and check the "Show Quick Print Options when printing" box.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
a month ago
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi SyBerGuy,

To reset this you need to go to...

Tools | Preferences | Communications | Quick Print Preferences

and check the "Show Quick Print Options when printing" box.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

HTH,

Thank You... that was the solution going to Preferences, etc. to print a Task List!

Sy S