Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Notes/History Report cuts off "Regarding/Details" Text

Astute Commentator

Printing Notes/History Report cuts off "Regarding/Details" Text

On some of my contacts when I run a notes/history report and print it, the regarding/details field of text in the history tab gets cut off and doesnt continue on to the next page. They are rather long bits of text, is there a limit of text that can go in regarding/details in one history entry?

Astute Commentator

Re: Printing Notes/History Report cuts off "Regarding/Details" Text

Its kinda like the text doesnt wrap to the next page, its spliced down the across a sentance of text so like the top half of the text shows but it cuts off the bottom of the text at the end of the page

Platinum Elite Contributor

And it won't. The text you're printing is actually within a single field of the report and there isn't any way to have a page break with the printing of a single field. I've modified  the report for some clients to increase the amount that will print on one page and the might be a solution for you.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

Thanks for the reply Roy! Ill look into the book
Platinum Elite Contributor

The book is focused on understanding editing reports but doesn't have a specific solution for your problem. That report uses a combined field of the results and details and the main trick is replacing the combined field with separate fields. Feel free to contact me via private message or offline.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129