Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Issues, Cannot print Double Sided

Printing Issues, Cannot print Double Sided

I'm not trying to only print only the odds or the evens - I'm trying to print all pages, but have it double side at the printer.  I guess some printers you have to print out all the odds, flip and reload the paper, then print out the evens, but I haven't had to do that with a printer in a very long time.

I am able to print double sided from my other programs, so it's something happening between the Sage ACT preview window and the printer.

In other words, we are unable to print double sided.

We run a terminal server 

• 12GB
  • Server 2k8 r2
  • 64 bit

Re: Printing Issues, Cannot print Double Sided

What version of Act! are you printing from? Can you give an example of what document within the program you're trying to print double-sided? For example a report, or contact directory?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Sage ACT 2013 15.0.301.0 to a Konica Minolta C351

  I'm not doing anything with splitting odd/even pages.  Printing double sided is an option from the Sage preview window, so it would seem that the program should allow it.  I can print double sided to the printer from other programs, so the printer should allow it.

Do you have any idea why this would be happening? We are not able to print double sided, the pages all come out one sided. Printer Drivers are up to date.

bump

Platinum Elite Contributor

I haven't tried (or had occasion) to try double sided printing with the ACT! program with the recent versions. However, in the past the double sided printing option simply split the file into the odd and even pages and printed one side first and then you returned those pages to the printer and printed the other side. The main thing the double sided printing option did was to pad in blank even sided pages when needed and to change the page printing order so that you didn't need to shuffle the pages before printing the second side.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

So more or less double sided printing is not normally used with ACT? Can you test on your side to see if you are able to print double sided ?

I'm sorry, I don't think I explained what I meant clearly enough. What type of Act! are you trying to print? For example: A report? 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

I am trying to print a report. I am able to get to the print window, select double sided, then whenever it prints it does so in order eg 1,2,3 single sided. 

Its as if the double sided features are not being sent to the printer from the preview menu.

The printer driver is up to date. Can you please test this to see if you are able to double sided reports

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't have a double sided printer available. I know the reports won't and I doubt that any mail merge to Word would. In the past it was only the special address book and calendar printing that had that option.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

We were able to print double sided reports earlier this year. This issue first started in the beginning of Feburary.