Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Issues ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.82

Printing Issues ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.82

I am using ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.82 Windows XP Home. When I try to print reports they do not fit the page. The report might result in 5 pages with bits and pieces on each page. I am using a HP 8300 printer on a wireless network. I have been an avid user ACT for many years. The best contact manger! I have never really used the reports feature in the past. My business has evolved to where this could be a powerful tool for me now. If my memory is correct I think there where issues with reports in my earlier versions.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Printing Issues ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.82

Rick,

There is not enough info to make a value comment on what might be the problem. Have you tried to edit the report and check the page size as this could be part of the problem.

Failing this I would suggest if this is to be an major resource for you in your business contact a local consultant to come out and resolve this for you or even to be able to comment on the suitability of that printer in your region.

I have not noticed any of the standard reports that do not run or come out as you describe so maybe some further information might help

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

If I for example, use the report “contact directory” print current look up and do a print preview it looks fine. When I actually print it only half prints on one page the rest on another page. It acts a lot like an Excel spreadsheet would print if you do not click the “fit on one page” feature.

Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor

The fact that the preview appeared correct, the likely source of the problem is the printer driver. Check for any driver updates or try reinstalling the printer driver.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Driver appears to be the problem.  Moved to another printer and things worked perfrect!  Thanks for the input!