Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Individual Postcards

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Printing Individual Postcards

I'm using ACT 2008, version 10, and trying to print individual 4"X6" postcards for a lookup of about 100 people.  I purchase my birthday postcards for Posty Card, and all I have to print is my return address and the clients' addresses.  This monthly chore used to take me about 30 minutes with ACT 6, but I've spent several days now trying to do it with pretty poor results.  The closest I come is it will print a card for every other contact, as the page setup for the "report" doesn't have that size document or envelope in its repertoire.

Is there someway I can customize an envelope that's already there so that it will print what I want?

I'm desperate.  I was in tears on Saturday as I sat her for 5 1/2 hours trying to get this job done. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author LYazell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Individual Postcards

Please check you private messages.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author LYazell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Please check you private messages.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Looks like I'm not alone on printing envelope problems since 'upgrading' to v10 a while back. I print to an invitation size envelope 5 3/4 x 8 3/4. used to be a snap to do. Now I just want to hand write them all! Smiley Mad

I see in the KB that not saving the custom size is a known issue and it is 'under investigation'. 

from KB:   

Note: The Custom size option will not resize to the setting you choose. This is an known issue that is under investigation. There is currently no known solution or work around.

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Being very familiar with the underlying report engine I have to say that in this case "under investigation" is a euphemism for can't be fixed. There is a simple workaround that I use all the time: start with an 8.5 X 11 page and then set the page margins so that the usable area conforms to the envelope you are using and the placement works for your printer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129