Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Contact names

Printing Contact names

When we print letters and envelopes we use the standard template setup that came with ACT 2010 letter templates using "Contact".  Problem is we want to address a letter or envelope to "Bob and Susan Smith" but Contact is "Bob Smith" and Spouse is "Susan Smith".  Our Salutation is:  Bob and Susan.

The letters/envelopes come out to:  Bob Smith.  How do I get it to say : "Bob and Susan Smith" - Sorry for such a basic question. thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Contact names

You would need to modify the template and use a custom field for the contact name and concatenate the salutation field with the last name field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

You could also just enter Bob and Susan Smith in the Contact field.  THink of the contact field as what goes on teh outside of the enveolpe. Dr and Mrs Bob and Susan Smith Jr. will fit just fine.  You would need to enter a last and first name (just pick one), but this will allow you to use just one set of templates.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

vb
Copper Contributor

I have the same problem.

I put Bob & Susan Smith as the Contact.  Choose, Bob & Susan as the first name.  That prefills the Salutation correctly for you.  Then, I'm going to create a new field called Primary Contact to hold Bob's name and then Susan will go in the spouse.

Silver Contributor

That's probably a good idea, althou will make you type some info twice.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

be sure to put both names in the first name instead of one in first and the other in middle name that way both will pop up!