Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Contact Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Tex
Accepted Solution

Printing Contact Report

I have been printing Contact Reports numbering about 200 when it stopped printing my report.  I keep getting a message go "Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes."  It then shows me where the dashes need to be placed. 

This occurs after I have set up the file and want a hard copy.  And it has happened on a number of occasions.

First, what does the message mean and where can I go to set up the sequence that is wanted?

Secondly, it happens at times when I forget to enter the ID Status.  I get the report showing on the monitor without the ID Status and it shows that I must fill the box in.  When doing so, I click on print and goes into the error mode.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tex
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Printing Contact Report

Hello Tex,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

You may be able to resolve your issue following the steps in this article: KB Article 17701

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tex
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Tex,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

You may be able to resolve your issue following the steps in this article: KB Article 17701

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

That particular report requires heavy use of system resources. I suspect that your main problem is that you exhaust system resources.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tex

The Contact ID field being hidden does resolve my issues. Some irregularities do continue, but I can work around them easily to get the reports that I want.

Thank you for the help.

I am new to ACT 12 professional and can't seem to print a single contact report with all of the contact's information. I did it easily on my old ACT 2000.

I failed to add that when I activate "Contact Report" in the "Report" menu with a contact open, all I see and can print is a Contact Report page with my name and address in the top right corner with no contact information on the page. It is plain blank except for the created date and time in the lower left corner. Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

That report is set ot hide the contact if the subreports are empty, that is there isn't any data to report. The template can be edeited to set the Hide On Empty property to No.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Can you please give me the step by step instructions for doing this. I'm 83 and just an OK end user. I'd greatly appreciate your kind help.