Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Avery Name Badges

KGH

Printing Avery Name Badges

I would like to print an Avery 8395 Name Badge from an ACT Contact lookup.  Since this label is not listed under File>Print, I don't know how to get it done.  Have you dont it and how?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Avery Name Badges

You would need to create a label template for that nametag.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
KGH

I can see where I can create a template but I'm not clear how to get the right (8 items per page) layout.

KGH

I called Avery.  They don't give ACT support.

Bronze Contributor

Try using one of the existing templates with the right number of lables and do a Save As then modify

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
KGH

The only problem is there is no similar label available in ACT to edit.  You don't seem to be able to change the label size.  What I need is 2 1/3 inches by 3 3/8 inches running two across and four down.  Since sales persons are running meetings all the time I would think you could print an Avery name badge.

KGH

It would seem that there are so many Avery label types that ACT would allow you to import them.  I have the label template from Avery; I just can't use it with my ACT look-up.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Creating custom label/nametag sizes isn't hard but not particularity obvious. The process is described in the third party book I co-authored. The other alternative would be to contact me to create a template for you.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129