Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Address Book

Printing Address Book

When printing the address book it starts a page in the middle of a record so I have the first half at the bottom of one page and the balance at the top of the next. How do I tell it to only put full records on a page. and start the next record on the next page if it will not fit. I did not have this problem with earlier versions, but I find no way of correcting this on 2009 Ver 11   Thank You
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Address Book

Hello brosseaug,

I have been able to duplicate the issue you described in ACT! 2009 and 2010. The issue appears to be with the .xsl Address Book files themselves. If you still have your disk or download for ACT! 2008, you can copy those files and replace the ones in ACT! 2009. On your machine, the files for 2009 would be located at C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Print Templates. In the 2008 install directory on your disk or download they would in ACTWG(or ACTSTD)\program files\ACT\ActInstallDir\PrintTemplates. Just locate the 2008 address book .xsl file you want to use, copy it, then browse to the 2009 program directory and replace the file. I tested this and it should work for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

To Greig Hollister;  I reviewed you answer to Brosseaug for fixing a printing problem with address book starting a page in the middle of a record.  I originally had ACT 2000? and purchase a new version of ACT 2009.  I do not understand you answer concerning "2008 install directory on you disk or download in files ACTWG OR ACTSTD."  I do not have the 2008 version so am still in a quandary as how to fix my ACT 2009 printing problem with the address book.  Could you please give me a more specific answer to help correct this problem.

Thanks for your help

wpetedodd

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello wpetetodd,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community. In order to incorporate the solution, you will need the ACT! 2008 files. I have sent a link to download these. Please check your Private Messages.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.