Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printer Preferences Not Being Saved

Printer Preferences Not Being Saved

I am using SAGE ACT 201315.0.301.0

With a Konica Minolta C351

The issue is when I try and print double sided with staples, it just prints as if I did not put any preferences changes in. This function works when I print with all other programs expect this one.

Is this a known bug?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printer Preferences Not Being Saved

I have no way of testing but, in the case of a mail merge or other letter, I would say it's working as designed. A mail merge creates one large document and if printed two sided you could have separate letters printing on both sides of a single sheet of paper.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'm using the Report tool to generate a preview of the report, then clicking on the print button from the preview window.

The compiled report doesn't really organize into seperate odd and even pages except as it's actually printing. For example there's no way to print only the odd or even pages in a report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

No – I’m not trying to only print only the odds or the evens – I’m trying to print all pages, but have it double side at the printer.  I guess some printers you have to print out all the odds, flip and reload the paper, then print out the evens, but I haven’t had to do that with a printer in a very long time. 

I am able to print double sided from my other programs, so it’s something happening between the Sage ACT preview window and the printer.

Any time you print douple sided the program involved must divide the pages into odds and evens so it knows which page belongs with which front. If the printer driver wasn't able to collate or print dack to from so the pages stack in order, the odd even split of pages wouldn't be necessary. But today even simple printers can spool and print back to from so the odd even split must be done.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129