Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print Mailing labels and "report can not be opened by Act!"

PXL

Print Mailing labels and "report can not be opened by Act!"

Using ACT! 2010 Premium. Have a  lookup in list view. Want to Print Mailing Labels. Go to Print, hit Labels, choose Avery 8160, and hit Print. Get "report can not be opened by ACT!" Get same response from all other label choices.

Any help here?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Print Mailing labels and "report can not be opened by Act!"

Hello PXL,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The first step is to test using a label in the Demo database (or create a new Test database).  Do the labels work?

If the labels work in the demo/test database, the label files for your database may be corrupted.  You can replace them with the label files from the demo/test database.  Label files are located in the following path and all end with '.lbl'.  You can copy/paste them from one database to another.  The default location is:

C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\My Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows\Databases\*databasename*-database files\Reports

Greg Martin
Sage
PXL

Tried to OPen Demo Data Base. It requires a "password". I have NEVER set up any passwords on any of my Databases, so now I can not open it to try the fix you described.

Platinum Super Contributor

I apologize, I should have included that the Demo username is 'Chris Huffman' and there is no password. 

Greg Martin
Sage
PXL

Tried to open the Demo Database. Recieved "Error in Application"

Tuned Listener

Hi 

Did you ever manage to resolve this? i too have this issue. Machine specifc. Windows XP sp3.

PXL

Nope. No help from anyone at Sage either...

Platinum Elite Contributor

I suspect that there is a problem in the .NET Framework.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
PXL

Not being a "techy", only wanting to print a mailing label, I have no idea what " that there is a problem in the .NET Framework" means and how it will help me print a label.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello PXL,
If you have ACT! installed on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 machine, try disabling User Account Control (UAC). For instructions, see the KB article below that applies to your operating system:

Windows Vista: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2022...

Windows 7: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.