Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print Contact Report - X The handle is invalid.

Copper Contributor

Print Contact Report - X The handle is invalid.

Date: 08/07/2017

Environment Is:

• Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3
  • Windows 10
  • Click-to-Run Update Support - Successfully installed on 07/13/2017
  • 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342) - Successfully installed on 07/11/2017
  • Office 365 – Office Update - This product will not be updated.  Version 16.0.4229.1024

Issues:

This Swiftpage targeted small business owner customer has a client meeting this morning.

All I want to do is to print a Contact Report.  The Print Preview shows the exact report that I want to show my client.

I implemented ACT in November, 2016.  I am now over 140 hours of my personal time trying to get ACT to work.

When I go to print this Contact Report, I get a small Preview window showing up with a big red circle with a white X in it: The handle is invalid.  OK

So, yet again, I cannot work because ACT does not work.

I have no idea of what a handle is, nor should I as ACT should not be my core competency.

Swiftpage has not overtly offered to me, the paying customer, what a “handle” is or how to use it.  Apparently, I continue not to have the requisite ESP to use ACT.

QUESTION: (Please answer this question and this question only)

How am I to use ACT to Manage this Customer Relationship in a sales situation if I cannot even print a Contact Report?

The clock is ticking.  My REVENUE generating appointment is in 2 hours.  And, I'm fixing this darn software instead of using it, again.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Print Contact Report - X The handle is invalid.

Probably a resource problem, restart ACT! and do it again.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Platinum Elite Contributor

Does the same thing happen with other reports? What filter settings are you using for the contact report? You state that ACT! isn't a core competency so perhaps you should partner with an ACT! Certified Consultant on this customer to provide the necessary competency.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

No, I should not be forced to pay money to fix the software that I bought and paid for.  I think Swiftpage should be selling software that works.  

Swiftpage did not represent pre-sale that its software will not print.

All of my printers work beautifully well will all the other software that I own; yet, ACT won't print a report.  And, I should partner with a consultant to pay money because Swiftpage released from testing software that does not work.

If I misrepresented my products and services, as Swiftpage has with ACT, then I would be thrown into jail and fined into bankruptcy. BUT, it's all A-OK Fine, Peachy Keen and Hunky Dory for software vendors to misrepresent their products, pre-sale & post sale.

Copper Contributor

Unfortunately, this solution is used many times for numerous other faulty ACT functionality.

Unfortunately, turning off the device itself temporarily resolves many issues.

I wonder, does the Swiftpage CEO instruct his employees to shutdown & restart ACT as a resolution to faulty functionality?

If restarting the PC resolves the issue it would normally point to an issue with resources, restarting Act maybe enough to resolve the issue.

Would you happen to know the specification of your PC? to find this you can use the Windows search for 'Sysinfo'

Platinum Elite Contributor

If restarting the PC resolves the problem and you can run the report immediately after restarting the this isn't an ACT! problem. My guess is that the system is a minimum configuration system or there are resourse hogs running concurently.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

This issue can occur if no default printer has been configured for your computer. This issue may also occur if their are driver issues with the default printer, and you can attempt to workaround by selecting another installed printer as the default printer for the print job.

Click the Windows Start button, and then click Printers and Faxes for information on your installed printers.