Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Primt mailing label for seconary address

Tuned Listener

Primt mailing label for seconary address

My client has contacts in ACT version 2009 that have a business and home address.  He wants to be able to mailing labels for the home and business address.  Is there a way to set this up so that a label will print out for both addresses?  but also not print a blank label idf there is only 1 address?  he has alot of contacts and does not wanr to print them one at a time.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Primt mailing label for seconary address

I have a similar situation and also need some help.  I have a ACT!9 database that has a HOME and BUSINESS Address.  I also have a drop down box that indicates whether the contact prefers mail to go to HOME or BUSINESS.  When doing a mail merge or creating mailing labels how do I get ACT to place the proper address.

What are my options, create forms and label templates that place both address on them (I would then choose which one to use)?  I sure hope there is a fix to this.

Thanks in advance for any help

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is a way to do that, I've done it in the label package that I created. It requires extensive VB scripting in the label template but it can be made to print the preferred mailing address when the labels are run.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

With all the requirements you listed, it wouldn't be possible to create a template for that. You could have one template for the business address and another for the home address and do two separate runs.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks.  I will have to create separate groups for each address that is preferred.  Your help and insights are very much appreciated!

Tuned Listener

Doing it this way doing 2 runs how do I set it up to scipt all blank addresses? Is it easy to do?

Thanks

No script, create a lookup of only those with home addresses and run for the current lookup
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thanks for all the help I now know exactly what I need to do to get what he needs.

it should have read skip not script