Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Price list and an opportunity calculation question

Copper Super Contributor

Price list and an opportunity calculation question

Hi,

Two questions:

Several of my customers have customized prices for products so when creating an opportunity I manually enter each price after opening up an Excel spreadsheet with a tab for each customer reflecting their specific prices.

Does Act have the ability to load multiple price lists when creating an opportunity?  In this case, when creating an opportunity I would first select the price book appropriate for the specific customer which would have everything already loaded, and I would just select the products I need. 

Usually my quotes include a line item for support, which is a percentage of the price of the hardware and software I am quoting.  If I enter in the percentage rate, is Act able to calculate the support cost itself?  Right now I add everything up and use a calculator to get the support price and then enter that into the opportunity manually.

I am using Act Pro 16.3.11.0.  Maybe a more recent release supports different price books and calculations.   

Hope you can help.....Mike

Re: Price list and an opportunity calculation question

Hi Mike,

If you do not use this already I believe the product list maybe a great area to be able to use, it may depend on how specific you would like to go with each customer but it may save you some time and avoid having the excel spreadsheet open at the same point.

12862 How do I manage the Opportunity Product List in Act!?

Regarding question 2, Calculated fields would be an option but it would not be an easily changeable percentage rate. I have included the article below which goes into more detail.

36119 How do I create a calculated field in Act! v16 and later

Copper Super Contributor

Regarding #1 it seems there is just one single product list in Act, then.

My issue is I have four identical product lists, one is at list price, and three others each listing discounted prices unique to each of those three customers.

So the solution is to have four entries for each part number in the product list:

• three entries for each customer with the unique discounted price for each
  • and a fourth entry for the list price I use for all my other customers

That sound about right?

Other CRM systems I am familiar with allow multiple product lists to be created with prices unique to a specific customer.  When creating an opportunity or quote I first select the price book for the customer, and then work from that list.

Mike

You are correct that Act only has a single Product list to work from. The solution you have proposed would be the only way that I can think you would be able have the same items to but different pricing for each discounted customer.

I would like to suggest the idea of multiple Product lists to be posted to the Share you ideas section of this forums, there it could be looked into as something that could be potentially added to a future build of Act.

Nickel Contributor

Hi Mike,

This could be done with a custom add-on. If you want me to quote on this, please contact me at http://support.exponenciel.com.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms