Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Preview Pane

Preview Pane

On several versions of ACT! running on different computers, if you click on the a item in notes, history, etc.", you'll see the entire body of a note or email in a pane on the far right of the screen. This is not a column, but separate pane, sort of grayed out.  I just installed on ACT! on a new machine, and that side pane does not appear.  I've looked through every option setting I could think of, but can't get that very helpful preview pane to appear. Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

Ted Hugger

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Preview Pane

Font size set larger than 96 dpi?
Do you have a vertical bar to the far right that you can hover over? That allows you to increase the size of the preview pane.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

No, the fonts are set to whatever the default is.  10pt maybe?  Just went back a looked again.  When I'm in the "note" tab, this preview pane is visible and functioning.  A long note will appear truncated under the "regarding" column, but it appears full length in this "preview pane."  This pane spans about a third of the frame, from the right side of the window to the right edge fo the columns.   But when I'm in the "history" tab, the pane on the right does not even appear, and the columns run from the menu bar on the left to right side of the window.  I have the same columns activated on both versions.  Thanks for responding!

Copper Super Contributor

You probably have the Show Preview checked under Options to the far right?
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

Just checked.  Under the "history" tab, when I click on options, there are only two options:  Show Private and Customize.  But under "notes", we do have "show private" checked.

Copper Super Contributor

I don't see that you said what version of ACT! you're using. Is it a newer version?

It's odd that you don't have 3 choices under Options - Show Private, Show Preview and Customize Columns. To see the Preview Pane, the Show Preview should be checked.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

It's ACT! 2007 (9.0)

Ted