Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prevent hyperlinks in notes? (And always keep same font/size?)

Copper Contributor

Prevent hyperlinks in notes? (And always keep same font/size?)

I'm using ACT 2010, and wondering if it's possible to keep my notes from automatically creating a hyperlink when I type/paste in a URL or email address. (Problem is that sometimes the whole note, or much of the note beyond the URL or email address, turns into a hyperlink. Annoying.) I'd prefer no hyperlinking at all, since I never want to "launch" an Internet window or email from my notes.

Bonus: Is there any way to "lock" in one font and font size, even if doing a cut-and-paste from another source that has a different font/font size? I prefer the default Microsoft Sans Serif at 8 point, and dislike when a cut-and-paste puts a different font and/or size in the notes box.

Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Prevent hyperlinks in notes? (And always keep same font/size?)

dimsumfan wrote:

Bonus: Is there any way to "lock" in one font and font size, even if doing a cut-and-paste from another source that has a different font/font size? I prefer the default Microsoft Sans Serif at 8 point, and dislike when a cut-and-paste puts a different font and/or size in the notes box.

You could do a "paste as plain text" macro with AutoHotKey (refer here: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/10412-paste-plain-text-and-copycut/). That's what I do on my windows machine.

Copper Contributor

Re: Prevent hyperlinks in notes? (And always keep same font/size?)

If I'm reading that right, it's about using Control+Win+C (or X or V) to cut and paste and hopefully create "plain text"? But it's still creating hyperlinks in my notes, and attaching other text already in the note to the hyperlink.