Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoesn’tExistException: Exception of Type ‘Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoestntExistException’ error

Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoesn’tExistException: Exception of Type ‘Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoestntExistException’ error

My computer blue screened a few weeks ago. I was able to get it back up and running, but Act2010 has been acting funny ever since. Yesterday I had enough of it and manually deleted Act, since the controll pannel remove function did not allow me to do so. Now that I have removed all traces (so I think) of Act 2010, I am getting this "Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoesn’tExistException: Exception of Type ‘Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoestntExistException’" when I am trying to reinstall the software. Is this caused by the fact that I purchased the upgrade rather then a full version. Please help, I am very depend daily on my Act.

I run windows XP-pro & office 2007 

Robert

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoesn’tExistException: Exception of Type ‘Prereq.Exceptions.KeyDoestntExistException’ error

You mention that you believe you have removed all of the pieces, here is a link to a document with specific instructions for manually removing the Act! program.  I recommend that you go through these steps to remove Act! and then uninstall the components of the SQL Server 2005 program through Add/Remove programs (assuming no other programs are using SQL Server 2005). 

Manually remove Act! 2010 instructions

Greg Martin
Sage