Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidInputException

Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidInputException

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am trying to install Act 2008 v.10 on my Toshiba Qosmio 305 with Windows Vista Home Premium.  It will install past the error Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidInputException, but the program won't run.  The error message also says Prereq.AccessINI.Parse (TextReader sr) and Prereq.Program.Main (String[] args).  Does anyone know how to fix this so I can use the program?  When I try to start the program, it says The type initializer for Protexis threw an exception.  I am NOT a computer guru so please be gentle :-).

Thanks!

Message Edited by Kylla4 on 10-13-2008 07:33 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidInputException

On your Vista welcome screen that displays, is this a 64 bit operating system?  Based on your description I suspect that it is.

The only verison of ACT! that will run on a 64 bit operating system (as a 32bit application) is ACT! 2009.

thanks,

-Matt 

Matthew McFadden

Hi,

I have a user that has also received this error when installing ACT v10. Running windows XP 32bit.

---------------------------

Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidInputException: Exception of type 'Prereq.Exceptions.InvalidInputException' was thrown.

at Prereq.AccessINI.Parse(TextReader sr)

at Prereq.Program.Main(String[] args)
OK  

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Copper Super Contributor

Possible Solution:

Sage Tech Support tells me the following:  The error is not dangerous.  It occurs only when installing ACT. It should not reoccur.  If desired, you can disable prereq.exe in Task Manager, but this is not necessary.

I have not followed up on the tech's suggestions above, so I cannot verify them.

I see this message when installing ACT! 2009 Premium. I ignore it and the installation completes successfully.

- mike

Copper Super Contributor

BTW, my system is Win XP Pro.  32 bit.