Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prepurchase Questions

Tuned Listener

Prepurchase Questions

My company has been using Act for over 10 years. I currently have 10 licenses for Act! version 6. Recently, I started to migrate over to Sugar CRM as I liked the email markting function as well as the ability to access info on my iPhone. However, it has been a bumpy transition as my employees are very used to the Act! interface and operations. I have to agree that Act! is fairly simple to grasp as well as modify!

As it stands now, I only have 9 users that I have to worry about. That will increase at some point in the near future. I am seeing prices on line as low as $80 for the 2010 upgrade. I could buy 9 and be ready to go.

My question:

If I exceed 10, will I have to upgrade to the Premium Edition? If so, will all the users have to be upgraded to Premium or only the users that exceed the 10 user limitation on the Standard Edition?

Thanks in advance for any help and certainly free to send me a private note if any of the resellers have any end of the year pricing on the Premium Edition should I choose to go this route for 10 licenses.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Prepurchase Questions

I will make this very clear - DO NOT UPGRADE TO THE STANDARD VERSION, If you upgrade to the standard version and then exceed 10 licenses, you will need to upgrade all your licenses to the pro version. Basically you will pay the upgrade twice.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Re: Prepurchase Questions

Roy,

Thank you for the reply!

Wally