Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premium or Non-premium

JJ

Premium or Non-premium

In the past I have used Act as a single user. Now I need to get a contact manager (perhaps Act!) to achieve the following objectives: 1) Enable telemarketer to view information, make sales-calls, add notes and schedule appointments for Outside Sales Rep (me). 2)Enable remote users to access the database.-Set up different access privilege for users.-Only 2 people need access the database at a time.  

Questions:-

-Do I need Act! Premium OR Non-Premium?

-Do I need to set up a network and how to setup a Network? How difficult is it to set a network if needed?

-Can I use Act! 2007 (mostly because it is available at a lower price)?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Premium or Non-premium

Things to consider: 

You will need one license for each named user.

The standard version is limited to 10 named users, the number logged in at one time isn't considered. 

Any copies of ACT! 2007  you can get are likely pirated copies and Sage tech support no longer supports ACT! 2007.

It sounds as though you would need the increased security available in the premium version.

Finally, I would suggest that you consider engaging the services of an ACT! Certified Consultant to help with what you are planning on doing. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
JJ

Roy,

I am based in San Jose, CA. What is the best way to find a local Act! consultant?

[ Edited ]

While I don't know if majority of ACT! 2007 is pirated, I can say that ACT! 2007 is supported through Sage.  You can review our Obsolescence and Support Policy here.

You can find local ACCs at the following link - http://www.act.com/partners/acc/find/

Message Edited by dlunceford on 10-13-2008 10:42 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Here is a link to a listing of ACT! Certified Consultants. http://www.act.com/community/acc/

Also, most ACCs use remoting software through the internet so that local no longer means someone that can drive over to your place of business. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129