Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Preference file keeps reverting

Copper Contributor

Preference file keeps reverting

I have a problem with Calendar view - the daily calendar keeps disappearing, and the months keep stretching out for years. I delete the preference files, and that fixes the problem, until I make a change - then it reverts back to the poor view.

Anyone have any ideas for that one? I think it has something to do with the display adapter, too - Win10, ACT!18 Pro.

thanks

Administrator

Re: Preference file keeps reverting

When you say, "the daily calendar keeps disappearing" what exactly do you mean? i.e. the button to select the view not showing in the toolbar, the calendar view being completely or partially blank, etc.

A screenshot to illustrate your problem would be useful.
Copper Contributor

on the calendar view:

act.JPG

If I drag that circled area to the left (or right, I would assume) to make more months show, sometimes it works, sometimes the "day" calendar part (in yellow) disappears, the months start showing years out, and I can't access the arrows to make the calendar move months. Also, the navbar resets to showing all buttons, and a few other display quirks show up.

I have to delete the preferences, and open act again, and it'll work ok. I think it has something to do with the high resolution display, and ACT's lack of compatibility with it, but can only guess at that.

Administrator

It looks like the Knowledgebase article on the subject has the same conclusions.
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21042

Are you able to adjust your display settings to test if this is the particular issue?
Copper Contributor

It's windows 10 Pro OS, so, no i cannot adjust DPI. I did delete the preference file(s) again, and restart and rebuild preferences, and so far it hasn't crashed - so that's good, and it's displaying how I would like.

Hi there, just in case you do experience the problem again, it is possible to change the DPI settings in Windows 10 by following the instructions in the link below. Please note I would STRONGLY suggest only following the instructions under Option 1. The correct DPI setting for using Act! is 100%

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-dpi-scaling-level-displays-change-windows-10-a.html

Copper Contributor

right, I know that way - it is a surface Pro 4, so it's a high resolution screen. If I go to 100%, it really messes everything up. I am trying the exe file modification when I get a spare moment.