Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pre-fixes on telephone numbers contained in an imported file

Pre-fixes on telephone numbers contained in an imported file

I imported a new datebase in .csv format. The telephone numbers were UK numbers, but it created all of them in ACT with Irish (353) prefixes. I have tried to go through changing each record to UK and removing the prefixes, but when I save the records they revert ti Irsih again. I can create new records with normal UK numbers. Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

Re: Pre-fixes on telephone numbers contained in an imported file

Mike - I'm having a similar problem. click on the ellipsis after a telephone number, and you get a dialog box with 3 entries: country, edit format and the telephone number. All my contacts are in Australia (country code 61). you should check you have not selected Ireland instead of the UK.

btw, my problem is that, using ACT!Link to download my contact list to my Palm Treo PDA, ACT! downloads a local number - such as (02) 9953 9802, which is a Sydney number -as +61 (02) 9953 9802, which does not work in my PDA when I try to call the number, as the leading zero has been left in. I'd like to strip out the +61 and only use the country code for non-
Australian numbers, but can't see how to do this. Any ideas?

Regards

guyc