Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pre.Exceptions.KException:eyDoesn`tExist

Pre.Exceptions.KException:eyDoesn`tExist

I am trying to install ACT 2008 version 10.0, and am getting this error message Pre.Exceptions.KeyDoesn`tExistException:Exception of type `Pre.Exceptions.KException:eyDoesn`tExist' exception was thrown

at Prereg.AccessINI.GetValue (StringKey, String ValueName)

at Prereg.Program.Main (String[] args)

I`m fairly sure i had installed the program previously on this computer without a problem except that it was conflicting with my existing ACT 6, so I uninstalled it.

Now I  have taken the plunge and uninstalled my ACT 6  - and perhaps I uninstalled something I shouldn `t have?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Pre.Exceptions.KException:eyDoesn`tExist

Though you receive this message, the installattion should continue on if you select the Ok dialogues though the errors.

The errors are related to a precheck routine that simply make sure that your host environment meets minium requirements in which to host the application.  The checks would be a severity 2 and 3 meaning that though you are experiencing thrown exceptions, this should not prevent the install from continuing.

The errors displayed are errors in this routine only, so there is nothing to interpret.  If the routine was working properly and encountered an error, a formated message would have been returned in which you could interpret.

Pease post back your results.

Matthew McFadden

Hello Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

The install does indeed seem to continue, but it does not launch ACT after the window which gives that option, it just seems to stall.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Check Add/Remove Programs via control panel and see if there is a specific line item for the ACT! product.  If there is, allow it to uninstall, then attempt a reinstallation and see if the PreReq error continues to be displayed.

thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

Hello Mathew, thanks for your suggestions.

I`ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, then repairing (which got me closer - this time the actsage.exe file was generated, but when clicked on it gave an error message and closed)

I get as far as the screen which asks you to launch ACT, then it just stalls.

I know i had this program working on this computer when I first got it, but it was conflicting with my ACT 6 program and I was too worried about losing my act 6 info to delete the program at the time so I uninstalled the act 2008 instead..

Since then perhaps I did something with my windows xp files or something. (after one of the 'service pack' updates my internet explorer stopped working - I`ve been using firefox ever since)  I can`t think of what else to do, i guess I`m gunna just reinstall my old ACT 6

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

fI suspect that the issue that you are encountering relates directly to .NET 2.x Framework on the machine.  If you are willing, please try the following:

• Open Control Panel and choose Add/Remove programs
  • Remove the ACT! application
  • Remove the line entry for .NET 2.0 Framework (note it may have a different name than I mentioned, but definately .NET 2.0 or similar)
  • Reboot the machine
  • On the ACT! media, open the Dependencies folder and install the component called "dotnetfx.exe".  Once installed, reboot
  • Install your ACT! program

I know this is a hassle, but based on the information you have supplied, I think this should reseat the .NET 2.0 Framework on the machine, which is the foundation needed by the ACT! product.  The hang that you are seeing relates to the optimization process that ACT! does with the .NET 2.0 Framework.

Please post your results

thanks,

-Matt

Message Edited by MMcFadden on 12-30-2008 05:04 PM
Matthew McFadden

.net service pack 2 is a nightmare

I`ve been trying to un install it all night.

I think I`m just going to wait until I buy a new computer, and stay with the ACT 6 for now

thanks for your help

Nickel Elite Contributor

If you don't mind, could you please elaborate on the comment ".NET Service pack 2" ?

The componet I asked for removal on was .NET Framework 2.0.

What other .NET Famework line items do you have listed as line items in Add / Remove programs on this machine?

I am sure we can get this working for you without the need to buy a new computer, unless you wanted to do that anyway Smiley Happy

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

I had some other programs running which required the .net framework - I was up to framework 3.5 with service packs etc. most of them uninstalled ok, but the service packs didn `t want to, and I was getting a message 'you have a previous install of .net which is stopping this installation from proceeding...

Apparently there is a 'windows installer component' removal tool I can use, but my window for this week has closed (it being New Years)

I`m just going to table this for now, maybe look at it again next month.

Thanks for all your help.