Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Possible to enter and keep multi-year data in ACT 10?

Avid Listener

Possible to enter and keep multi-year data in ACT 10?

I need to enter multiple membership data for several years -- e.g., to indicate (1) Mr. X paid $50 in dues in 2007 and $100 in $2008 and (2) Ms. Y donated $50 and $75 in 2008. Other than creating lots of fields ("2007 Payment1", "2007 Payment2", etc.), I cannot figure out how to do this. In Access or FileMaker, I think this would be done via a "portal" that could keep historical data. Any way to do it in ACT?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Possible to enter and keep multi-year data in ACT 10?

If you define a currency field to Create history, then the history will have the date and amount whenever you change it.
Avid Listener

I appreciate that suggestion -- but I would then need to design a new Report Template to show only the payment history -- is that possible? I don't think it is possible to filter all fields but "Payments" out of the History tab itself using the existing (pretty weak) filter in that tab. Are there no add-ons?
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 10.0.2 has the ability for a programmer to create an additional sub-table which might be nicer ... but as that's new and doesn't have addons available yet, it might be cheaper to use the method I suggested and report with http://www.crystalclearreports.com/