Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Port number for creating Remote DB for a Mac

nmk

Port number for creating Remote DB for a Mac

I am trying to sync 2 computers: one a mac and one a PC.  The port number for the PC it seems should be 65100.  I am looking for the port number for a Mac (which is running Windows Parallels, which makes it seem as if Windows programs run on a Mac...) Does anyone know?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Port number for creating Remote DB for a Mac

[ Edited ]

My assumption is since the ACT! working environment on the Mac is Windows, it should also be 65100.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Also, you only really need it open on the Publisher - which I assume would be the Windows PC?
nmk

Am trying to decide which computer will be the Publisher... the Mac is faster and is my bosses computer (its his own business - and he's not used to/not fond of having his database NOT at his finger tips...  I am new).  I at the moment am making most of the changes though...  In many ways it makes sense for the desktop PC to be the publisher.  

Is it true we only need the port number of the publisher? I guess that does make sense as all the data sits on the publisher.  I was thinking that you needed the port number of each computer that does updating of the data...

You would only need the port number of the machine that is hosting the main database and sync service, not the client machines or remote machines.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.