Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pop up"the record you are trying to create is a duplicate" when I try to Create New Contact from Company (Pro 2012)

Pop up"the record you are trying to create is a duplicate" when I try to Create New Contact from Company (Pro 2012)

I keep getting this popup message that the record you are trying to create is a duplicate whenever I click Create New Contact from Company.  Once I say OK, it lets me go ahead and fill in the name and pertinent details, but it would sure be nice to know why this keeps coming up.  It happens on every company, every time.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Pop up"the record you are trying to create is a duplicate" when I try to Create New Contact from Company (Pro 2012)

This sounds like you have the Company Duplicate Checking option set to a field that blank in another company, so it will always be recognized as a duplicate.  Check the settings under Tools > Preferences > Admin tab

Click Duplicate Checking > record type=Company > check settings.

You can also disable Duplicate Checking to prevent the message.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Pop up"the record you are trying to create is a duplicate" when I try to Create New Contact from Company (Pro 2012)

Terrible news.  I removed everythign except match on Company in the Company Record, Contact and Email on the Contact Records, and Group Name on the Groups.  I restarted the program, thinking it would solve the problem.  Unfortunately, now I can't Create New Contact from Company at all.  I click, the text turns red briefly, but nothing happens.  I've already done the Database Maintenance>Check and Repair and restarted again, but still no action on creating a new contact from the company.  Any ideas how I reactivate that option? 

Platinum Super Contributor

Did you try disabling the Duplicate Checking setting?
Greg Martin
Sage