Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please help me open Sage ACT!

Please help me open Sage ACT!

For two days now I have been unable to open my ACT! PRO 2012 that I just started eariler this month.

I've tried to get Customer Service but they just sent me an email with a link to get me here (after registration).

When I attempt to open my ACT! CRM I just get a white screen until finally an error message appears that says "SQL Database Service is not started" superimposed on an ACT! Welcome page (with an intro video with the stick figure that explains what ACT! is).

I've tried for two days many different solutions but nothing seems to work. I have tried closing out of all applications, powering-off my computer and re-starting my computer but still get that error message.

Please give me some suggestions on how to get access to my ACT! or how to get help from "Customer Service.

Thank you!

Copper Contributor

Re: Please help me open Sage ACT!

Sounds like SQL isn't running. Try this KB to start SQL - http://bit.ly/YD3oMN.

Michelle Scott
mscott@3leafcrm.com
ACT! Certified Consultant
3Leaf CRM
www.3leafcrm.com
Michelle Scott
-----------------------
3Leaf CRM
mscott@3leafcrm.com
www.3leafcrm.com

Thanks Michelle Scott of 3LeafCRM for your response last week (Feb 28). A fellow at work was smart enough to overcome the obstacles and get me in to my ACT! account 5 days later, but today it happened again. I'm locked out of my ACT! Pro 2012 with the same (as last week) error code "The SQL Database Service is not started" after numerous times of just trying to open ACT.  When I click on the ACT icon on my desktop, I get the ACT! Logo but after waiting an extra long time with just a blank white screen (with just a few black lines), the error code "The SQL Database Service is not started" appears and I never get to the login page prompting for username and passowrd. My only option at that point is to close it and I'm locked out. I would really appreciate it if someone from ACT! would call me and walk me through to the solution so I can get back to work using my CRM. I'm a new ACT! customer in my first month so hope Sage ACT! will work with me to get this gig up and running with stability/reliability and integrity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gratefully, Grant; (801) 244-2187

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes the ACT7 SQL Server fails to start when you pc startsup.

To start it so that ACT! works 

Start

Run

Services.msc

Scroll down list until you see SQL Server(ACT7)

double click it and Start the service. Smiley HappyFSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Bill,

You are a HERO!

Thanks. Following your wise advice I got my ACT together this morning.

Gratefully,

Grant ("whitewiz")

Michelle,

Thank you for so generously responding to my problem. I appreciate you taking time to share your knowledge and to help me get this thing working so I can use it.

Gratefully,

Grant (whitewiz)