Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please help me load my contacts back into ACT! after my hard drive was wiped clean; I've tried two different times and it did not work.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Please help me load my contacts back into ACT! after my hard drive was wiped clean; I've tried two different times and it did not work.

I'm running ACT! Pro 2013 version 15.1.108.0;

with Office 2013;

ACT! data is on my local machine, not on another server;

Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

My other software seems to have been re-installed and working properly after my hard drive was wiped cleaned. I have re- installed ACT! and I believe that my ACT! contacts are complete and waiting in a proper folder to be dropped into ACT! but I can't seem to get the job done.

I appreciate your instructions and suggestions, Grant

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author whitewiz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Please help me load my contacts back into ACT! after my hard drive was wiped clean; I've tried two different times and it did not work.

Do a search of the hard drive for *.ADF to see if you can locate your database. If losated browse with ACT! to that location and open the database using the ADF option.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Please help me load my contacts back into ACT! after my hard drive was wiped clean; I've tried two different times and it did not work.

How was your ACT! database backed up?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have very recent external hard back-ups and the computer repair business that cleaned up my hard drive saved the contacts in a folder (now stored back on the hard drive of my PC) that I believe is ready to load/integrate back into ACT!.

Thanks for caring!

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

For future reference and use, backup your act! databases using ACT! / File / Backup / Database

also backup your personal files - DAILY

This free tool from me, will help you, manage your act db backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html 

Then if you need to recover your act databases, you will use ACT! / File / Restore / Database / Restore as .... etc..

cheers - FSB  Smiley Happy

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Solution
Accepted by topic author whitewiz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Do a search of the hard drive for *.ADF to see if you can locate your database. If losated browse with ACT! to that location and open the database using the ADF option.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for your help. I got it up and running.

Thanks for helping. I got it up and running. Your suggestion helped me.