Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please help. Any ideas why outlook and act are not syning changes?

Please help. Any ideas why outlook and act are not syning changes?

I am having trouble with the syncing though and cannot find any info one web, so wondering if perhaps you may know the solution.  I have set up outlook and act to sync and it adds contacts to outlook but when I delete in outlook it does not delete in act.  Also if I change a field in either say add a website neither platform will sync the change.  I tried it both ways.  Very frustrating as I need to keep things updated in both.  I would so apreciate any ideas you have.  Thank you.

Marianne Emma Jeff

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Please help. Any ideas why outlook and act are not syning changes?

Have you set the sync setting to allow both changes to send?

To be honest, I'd never use the sync process and make changes in Outlook ... it tens to cause issues with duplication or loss of data because the data types are different in Outlook
Bronze Elite Contributor

I synch ACT! with Outlook on a Blackberry device using Companionlink via USB. I don't have any problems with it, however in the past it was prone to duplicate contacts on the mobile device, that seems to have been sorted from my expereince. I view the native ACT! synch with Outlook with caution but I believe Sage will work on it to try and overcome the problems. For our customers my advice is that if you are going to use Outlook  synch then ensure that you disable contacts synching back to ACT! from Outlook for now.     

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

I demonstrated to some Aust ACCs how easy it still is to get CompanionLink to dupe contacts even with current version. Especially if the phone also sync's to Outlook or Exchange.

123Sync is more reliable, but can be more complex to set up.

The ACT! to Outlook Sync (like Sage Mobile) are particularly bad, especially if dealing with international contacts as they don't handle country codes in the phone numbers.
Bronze Elite Contributor

I speak from my own exprience in using Companionlink synching 4600 contacts on a daily basis and I don't have a problem. It is as simple as that.   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Super Contributor