Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please help! Act for Financial Professionls 11

Please help! Act for Financial Professionls 11

I just installed ACT for Financial Professionals 11 to a new laptop with Vista 64 bit.  I backed up my Act 2008 database from my previous computer (which had XP) and restored it in the new computer and in ACT.  Also converted or updated the "datebase", per ACT wizard.

Once I had restored and converted, everything worked fine.  I was able to open my database and move around in the program.  During this whole process, I also updated the SQL server thing to the newest service pack (per my computer Windows Update routine).  I exited the ACT program and thought all was fine.

Now I cannot open Act for Financial Professionals at all.  Each time I try to open, I get a message telling me "ACT for Financial Professionals has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  My only two choices are to "Debug", whice seems to do nothing, or to "close program"  Clicking on either results in the program closing.

How do I solve this problem?!

Thank you

Re: Please help! Act for Financial Professionls 11

Well, for anyone viewing this problem in the future, I'll reply to my own post, as I may have solved the problem.  Perseverence is key!

I right-clicked on the ACT program icon on the desktop, went to Properties - Compatibility and ticked the box for "Run this program as an Administrator".

That seems to have solved the problem.