Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please explain the change in Alarms Pop-Up Box

Please explain the change in Alarms Pop-Up Box

Hi all,

Longtime ACT user; new to ACT 11.

I cold call for a living so I enter many alarms to get back in touch with people.  Sometimes 20-25 per day will pop up when I turn on my program.  With ACT 6.0, I could click on "select all" then "go to" and all 20-25 contact files would come up.  I could just work with those files.  In ACT 11, it lets me "select all", but it makes me bring up ONE at a time.  To me, this is a move backward.  Why would this feature be turned off?

If I bring up one prospect and hit snooze to get rid of the pop-up screen, and the prospect isn't in his office, I have to wait 5 minutes to retrieve the next one...or filter them out on the calendar.  I don't like this.  Is there a better way? 

Thank you,

Lynn O.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Please explain the change in Alarms Pop-Up Box

There have been changes in the alarms functionality since ACT 6.0.  You can only go to one contact from the alarms screen instead of the entire list.  There are 2 ways you can get a list of your activities for the day:

- Go to the Task List and choose Today from the date filter. You can also narrow the list by Type (call, meeting, etc) and Priority

OR

- Go to your Calendar, right-click on a day and choose Create Lookup.  This will bring up the contacts that you have activities scheduled with on that day (as opposed to the actual activities like the first option does)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks ghollister.  The right-click on the calendar day will give me what I'm looking for.  I found another way, too, but can't recall it now.  I wish I had the time to get really good with this program.  I'm sure I'll be back for more tips!

Lynn O.

Minneapolis, MN

I've also just moved to ACT! 2009 Version 11.0.0.367 from ACT! 6.0. Unlike the disaster of ACT! 7.0 I've finally waited until I thought ACT! had it's act together. What is the first very functional feature I used everyday in ACT! 6.0 that will not work in ACT! 11.0 - you guessed it....the ability to >Select All from ringing alarms, >GoTo which created a look-up of the alarms and then >Snooze them all. Now I can work with the group of contacts.

Come on Sage, please keep simple functionality in your newer versions!