2 weeks ago
I did an install of Act! Pro Version 126.96.36.199, Update 3 on a new ThinkPad X1 Carbon (it was the first application I installed). It ran fine for one day but now I keep getting the same error. The database was restored from a v16 database.
1. The error is always, "Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."
2. It always occurs after I open the database, not when loading the application.
3. The only thing that I can view correctly is the Task List and Contacts. The Calendar is not populated and appears truncated.
4. The data loads slowly.
5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled v22 and also tried it with v21.
6. The error occurs with the existing database but does not appear with the Demo Database.
7. I have restored various versions of the database but nothing works.
7. I have used actdiag and deleted file preferences.
Thank you all for your help. The data is critical to my work and any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I also did a Check Database and received this message. Not sure what any of it means.
Table error: table 'TBL_ACCESSOR_ACTIVITY' (ID 1189579276). Data row does not have a matching index row in the index 'TBL_ACCESSOR_ACTIVITY_AK1' (ID 2). Possible missing or invalid keys for the index row matching:
Data row (1:31704:60) identified by (ACCESSOR_ACTIVITYID = '1FFC5C39-B05A-49C3-904B-2CD4323C9243') with index values 'ACCESSORID = '8EFBCE5B-4D18-44C8-B5FD-98B3948C1A0D' and ACTIVITYID = '8B4CF736-905C-4FBD-982D-13569C776757' and ACCESSOR_ACTIVITYID = '1FFC5C39-B05A-49C3-904B-2CD4323C9243''.
2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for responding, ch1p
The only repair methods that I knew how to use were the reindexing and repair tools in Actdiag and the error still showed up. I had also deleted the SQL ACT7 before one of the reinstallations.
However, after several shutdowns and restarts over a period of 5 hours, the error no longer appears. I'm not sure why or how the error stopped so I'm thinking it can come back at any time (the same thing had happened when initially installed ACT, it worked fine for a day). Are there other things I can do to check the database? I'm not familiar with "rebuilding the Schema".
a week ago