Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please Help! Ver 22 and Ver 21 "Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."

Highlighted

Please Help! Ver 22 and Ver 21 "Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."

I did an install of Act! Pro Version 22.1.212.0, Update 3 on a new ThinkPad X1 Carbon (it was the first application I installed).  It ran fine for one day but now I keep getting the same error.  The database was restored from a v16 database.

1. The error is always, "Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."

2. It always occurs after I open the database, not when loading the application.

3. The only thing that I can view correctly is the Task List and Contacts.  The Calendar is not populated and appears truncated.

4. The data loads slowly.

5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled v22 and also tried it with v21.

6. The error occurs with the existing database but does not appear with the Demo Database.

7. I have restored various versions of the database but nothing works.

7. I have used actdiag and deleted file preferences.

Thank you all for your help.  The data is critical to my work and any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I also did a Check Database and received this message.  Not sure what any of it means.

Table error: table 'TBL_ACCESSOR_ACTIVITY' (ID 1189579276). Data row does not have a matching index row in the index 'TBL_ACCESSOR_ACTIVITY_AK1' (ID 2). Possible missing or invalid keys for the index row matching:
Data row (1:31704:60) identified by (ACCESSOR_ACTIVITYID = '1FFC5C39-B05A-49C3-904B-2CD4323C9243') with index values 'ACCESSORID = '8EFBCE5B-4D18-44C8-B5FD-98B3948C1A0D' and ACTIVITYID = '8B4CF736-905C-4FBD-982D-13569C776757' and ACCESSOR_ACTIVITYID = '1FFC5C39-B05A-49C3-904B-2CD4323C9243''.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Please Help! Ver 22 and Ver 21 "Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."

Does the Demo database open OK?

Have you tried rebuilding the Schema using ACTDIAG?

Highlighted

Re: Please Help! Ver 22 and Ver 21 "Act has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application."

Thank you so much for responding, ch1p

The only repair methods that I knew how to use were the reindexing and repair tools in Actdiag and the error still showed up.  I had also deleted the SQL ACT7 before one of the reinstallations.

However, after several shutdowns and restarts over a period of 5 hours, the error no longer appears.  I'm not sure why or how the error stopped so I'm thinking it can come back at any time (the same thing had happened when initially installed ACT, it worked fine for a day).  Are there other things I can do to check the database?  I'm not familiar with "rebuilding the Schema".

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I'd recommend getting in contact with an experienced ACC in the US. Smiley Happy
Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software
Highlighted

Thanks, I think you are right.  I'm not sure how to go about hiring one on a one-off basis.  I'll write a new post.