Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please Help! Contact Detail

Please Help! Contact Detail

I am sure that this is a user problem ---- me!
I used to see the detail tabs at the bottom of the contact detail example notes, history, activities etc.  Now they are not showing and I can not find how to get that back.  Basically I can add new information but can't see what has already been done.

Second--- I entered all my appointments into the calendar and can't view the calendar other than that mini calendar stream across the top.  I have tried the help function and tutorials but I have not taken them all and I am missing appts during the day since they are locked up here.

Please let me know if this is just a view screen issue or if I need to rebuild the entire database or if it is a layout.  I have been able to customize most things but I am not sure what I am doing wrong in these two areas.

Thank you Thank you
Brandy
Copper Contributor

Re: Please Help! Contact Detail

Hi Brandy,

This sounds like it could be a layout issue... if you switch layouts does the problem with the missing tabs persist?  Even if you revert to a default layout (search your install CD media for "*.cly" if you modified the default layouts themselves)? 

Or, is it possible the tab bar got dragged so far down that it's off the screen?  Try un-maximizing ACT!, moving the bottom of the window off the screen, and then stretching the window top as tall as possible.

As for the calendar, what happens when you try to view it?  If you click on Calendar on the left-hand navigation bar, what do you see?  Or, try from the menus.... View | Calendar | Monthly...

Also, what version are you running?

Finally, if you don't mind you can try deleting your preferences as this might solve the issue.  See AJones note about removing prefs manually in this thread (message 5 of 8): http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=846&query.id=28338#M846

HTH,
jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

It must be in the layout some how.  When I go to that function I can see the bottom tabs but when I open a contact they are not there.  Is there a tutorial on just using layouts?  I did go to the website and walked through a few but it does not explain about the issue I am having.

I am using the 2008 version Premium.  I would like the calendar to look similar to outlook so I can easily see my appointments for the day or week but I have no clue how to begin that.  I can pull up a mini calendar and add appt, tasks and activities but it does not display the way I want.

On Mar 12 I will be taking a class but I would like to resolve this before that time.  I am very used to several different Database systems to manage contacts and am pretty proficient but this is driving me nuts.

Thanks for the help and any other advice on how I can fix this.  I also thought that I should scrap this database and start over.  Reimport the information from this database and my desk computer outlook to see if that helps.

Brandy
Nickel Elite Contributor

It's always a good idea to check the Knowledge Base for a possible answer. Take a look at article 21042.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com