Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please Help .... Cannot import any contact information into Act 2010.

Please Help .... Cannot import any contact information into Act 2010.

When I  attempt to import anything (excel csv, text, or another act database) into my Act 2010 database, it runs through the process and seems like it is working fine. Then, when I go to view the new contacts in my database they are not there. I have tried everything: .csv file, .txt file, I even tried creating another database on another computer and importing  it - still doesn't work. (By the way the imports work fine on my other machine - but that is with a different version of Act). Can anyone help and/or give suggestions on why this might be happening? Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Please Help .... Cannot import any contact information into Act 2010.

Hello GAbs,
The first thing I would check is to make sure duplicate checking is on and properly configured. In ACT! 2010, you would go to Tools > Preferences > General tab, and click the Duplicate Checking button. Detailed instructions to import a .csv or .txt file are in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1520...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.