Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pipeline Report - Please Help! No Replies so far. Any one want to take a shot to solve this one?

Copper Contributor

Pipeline Report - Please Help! No Replies so far. Any one want to take a shot to solve this one?

I hope some can help. I have a pipe line report that reflects the following information in 5 Stages:

1) Purchased last week 100%

2) Commitment to buy this week 99%

3) Commitment to buy in future 75% 

4) Quoted and working. 40% 

5) Initial communication 10%

In each stage is the Company Name, Contact, Product Name, Total amount of sale, Probability of close (100% 99% 75% 40%) and 10%), Est close date, & Record manager. Here is my problem, I need this report to print starting with the stages:

Purchased last week then By commitment to buy this week and to end with initial communications 10%

I have tried changing the ascending, descending, adding the sort option of probability, page break etc in the Define Sections to no avail. It seems it sorts by the total of the dollar amounts in each stage. How can get it to sort by either the stage or by the probability in %.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Pipeline Report - Please Help! No Replies so far. Any one want to take a shot to solve this one?

Choose the percent as the sort field rather than the stage.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: Pipeline Report - Please Help! No Replies so far. Any one want to take a shot to solve this one?

Yes I have done this. "Sort Assending" I can get it to sort starting from the smallest 10% on the 1st page and up to to 100% on the last page. I need this to sort from 100% 1st page down to 10% last page. When I change to decending it mixes it all up.

My work around has been putting page breaks in for each stage so that each stage is printed on it's own sheet of paper. When I print it I simply hand sort the 4 or 5 paged in the correct order. The issue with doing that is the the report header is now on the last page.

If we can't solve the sort decending problem, is there any way to put the report header with total of combined stages on each page as a header? I have tried to do this but it picks up the total for each stage rather than the total for the entire pipline.

I can't duplicate what you are reporting, it works fine when I test it. Do you have more than one process defined?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy, thanks for your reply. Yes I may have more than 1 process. However I have removed all but the probability of close and still does the same thing. I even went back to the standard pipe line report and got the same results. (Sorts fine ascending but mixes them when changed to descending). As mentioned in my initial post, I have a work around by adding page breaks and hand sorting after I print the report. But the header on only printed on the 1st page printed. Is there any way to get the Report Header with the total for the pipeline to appear on each page/stage printed. I guess I could live with it if we can't fix the sort.

I have tested the Probablity of Close as the sort for both ascending and descending with both ACT!  2009 and 2010 and the results are correct. No problems like you reported. However, the section groups by stage but the sort was at the individual opportunity level and if the Probablity of Close field for each opportunity record didn't reflect the correct percentage for the stage, the stage grouping would be scrambled.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I have done that as well as every other conceivable modification to no avail. Aways, sorts well ascending when changed to Descending it mixes them up. Could it be my version of ACT? How can I simply add the Header the total for the entire pipeline to each page and hand sort? 
Copper Contributor

I am using Premium for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.0.182. May be that is the problem. I guess I need to give up on trying to get this report to sort correctly. I can live with the work around as discribed earlier. How can I add the Header with the sum total for the entire pipeline to the top of each page? If I can do this it will solve my problem.

Given that ACT! 2006 used an earlier version of the .NET Framework the problem likely is an issue with how the template XML code is being interperated. There isn't any way to repeat the report header on each page.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Oh well, Time to upgrade. Thank you for your assistance