Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Picture in template only prints in B&W

Picture in template only prints in B&W

I created a template and wanted my signature (in color) embedded into the template so I wouldn't need to actually sign the letters.

I created a color TIFF of my signature and added it to the template by selecting Insert | Picture | From File.  The signature block looks great on screen and when I select Print Preview (using the Word editor) it looks great.  But when I actually print the document the signature comes out B&W rather than blue as it was designed, as it appears on the screen and as it appears in print preview.  I already:

- Made sure my other Word documents print in color if I don't go through ACT

- If I print the Tiff via Windows Picture and Fax Viewer it prints in color

- Before I print the Print Window allows me to change the printer Properties which allows me to turn-off the B&W option

- Even if I highlight the plain text in the document and change it to color it only prints in B&W

Help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Picture in template only prints in B&W

[ Edited ]

Hello Jeff,
Does this happen if you insert any other images in the template? What if you use a different file format, like .JPG or .GIF for your signature file? Also, did you use a custom color or a standard color from the Windows palette when you created the signature?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.