Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Picture Fields Printing different sizes in reports but not labels.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Picture Fields Printing different sizes in reports but not labels.

Hello,

I'm trying to design some reports to use Picture Fields.  I'm using Act 10.0.3 and I have a single picture field in the Contact records.

The Pictures are printed in different sizes and don't appear to be effected by the "Can Grow" & "Can Shrink" attributes, either Yes, or No.

But using a Picture Field in a Company report that uses the field as a subreport from a Contact field is not working.  

Creating a testing report with only the picture fields and noting else gets the same result, lots of different sized pictures or cut off images showing a small piece of a larger image.

Here's the kicker- I've got a label report working that will print a business card sized form just fine.  (We are using them for Photo ID Cards.) All the pictures are forced to the size and shape of the field on that form.

I've rebooted, reindexed, repaired and I'm feeling retarded.  Is there an addon or plugin or set of directions somewhere that can explain this to me.  I'm a web designer who understands CSS, but I'm lost here...

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ckieff
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Picture Fields Printing different sizes in reports but not labels.

In the Picture Alignment property, choose Zoom. That will fit the picture to the field size height or width, which ever is appropriate and retain the original pictures aspect ratio.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ckieff
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

In the Picture Alignment property, choose Zoom. That will fit the picture to the field size height or width, which ever is appropriate and retain the original pictures aspect ratio.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Interesting: Secret activity of the Picture Alignment attribute of the Report Designer.  Even though it will not allow selection for Zoom or Stretch, they effect the display and printout.  And trying to select them actually toggles their effectiveness on and off, without any apparent indication on screen.

Unless I'm getting this wrong?

Thanks for the tip in the right direction I've got it working now.

Chris 

I'm having a similar issue except that I can't seem to get the picture fields to display anything.  No, zoom, clip, stretch, tile, can't be selected, so I'm left with Left Top, Right Bottom, etc.  I don't really care at this point.  I just want to be able to show the picture in the report.

Nickel Elite Contributor

This mite be a option?  Open your images using MS Paint, then crop /  resize images to be all same size before inserting them into ACT!...cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html