Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Photos of Contacts - If ACT allows for uploading of Photos of Contacts, how do you do it?

Photos of Contacts - If ACT allows for uploading of Photos of Contacts, how do you do it?

Ok, I'm using Act 2007 9.0, and I want to have photos of my contacts on the Contact Detail.  I've tried to set it up under the Contact Info Tab by going to Tools>Design Layout>Contact>& both Drawing & Picture Field.  While it shows on Design Layout that I've created a spot for picutures, when I go to an actual Contact Detail, there is a dead spot & no way to upload a photo.

Does Act provide for photos of contacts?  If so, how do I do it so that I can upload the photos of the contacts?

Thanks,

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Photos of Contacts - If ACT allows for uploading of Photos of Contacts, how do you do it?

[ Edited ]

Clicking on the picture field from the Contact Detail view will bring up the screen to select the photo file you wish to use for that contact. If you right-click on the field, you will get the option to choose an image or remove an image. Make sure the field you inserted from the layout designer is a Picture Field. Also keep these settings in mind when creating your picture field in the layout.

- Select the picture field in the layout designer and press F4 to display the properties screen. Under Behavior you see the following choices:

Normal - displays picture in it's original size with the the borders of the picture field (not good for larger pictures)

StretchImage - sizes downs and stretches picture to fit within borders of picture field

Center - centers within borders of picture field but does not size down (not good for larger pictures)

AutoSize - displays the picture as its actual size (large pictures will take up a lot of screen space)

Zoom - shrinks image down to fit within borders of the field without stretching (recommended if using both small and large images)

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-17-2009 01:26 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Photos of Contacts - If ACT allows for uploading of Photos of Contacts, how do you do it?

I want to have the image of each contact on his/her contact page, but my results didn't accomplish that. I've did all the steps as suggested and since i used a photo of myself, every contact looks like me.

Is it possible to put a different photo for each contact as can be done in MS Outlook?  Thanks. Paul 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Paul,

It sounds like you may added the image file itself to the layout rather than the Picture field, so that it now shows up on every record. When you are editing the layout, add the Picture field not the picture itself. Once you have added the field, then from the Contact Detail view, you would click that field and then browse to the image file you would like in that contact record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Craig: I tried putting a picture field over the icon. It shows up on the design screen, but not on the contact detail screen. I even tried putting a background color, but that did not show up either, so i must be doing something fundamentally wrong.Thanks for the help.

For some reason, it worked this time. Thanks for the help