Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone field country code problem with ACT 9.0 sync to outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Phone field country code problem with ACT 9.0 sync to outlook

Hi, I am hoping someone can give me advice on a phone field problem I'm having....  I have the ACT phone field setup and working correctly - not showning my country code +44 in the phone field for all UK numbers.  The details in 'My Record' has United Kingdom as the country and United Kingdom comes up as the country in the phone field dialog box.

However when I sync (using doublelook) to outlook the +44 country code is entered into all phone fields as well as the full area code - including the 0.  This also happens on the mobile phone field.

I then sync to my mobile phone (Nokia E71) and both the +44 and the 0 at the start of the area code appear for each contact on my mobile phone and I can't dial any number from my contacts.

Does anyone know how to remove the country codes altogether from the phone field as I don't have any numbers in my contacts that are outside the UK?

Thanks Debs 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author debzzy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Phone field country code problem with ACT 9.0 sync to outlook

It sounds like DoubleLook doesn't properly handle international numbers. You might need to check on that with the guys a CompanionLink.

You can't remove the country codes from the ACT! field as it's part of the dialling system

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author debzzy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

It sounds like DoubleLook doesn't properly handle international numbers. You might need to check on that with the guys a CompanionLink.

You can't remove the country codes from the ACT! field as it's part of the dialling system

Many thanks for the advice...

I found a software update on the companionlink website for doublelook which has solved the problem.