Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone and modem set up

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Phone and modem set up

I am using ACT 2010 in Windows 8. I do not use a modem for phone calls. I use Skype. When I open ACT I have to click on a pop up about windows phone information and then on setting up phone and modem before I can open ACT. It is only 2 clicks, but how can I get around having to do this? I have a Skype phone number and at $60.00 a year it is much cheaper than a land line.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bearpaw
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Phone and modem set up

Normally, once you enter an area code, the box does not pop up again.  If it continues to pop up, I would suspect that it is due to an incompatibility between ACT 2010 and Windows 8 - (it's not supported), rather than due to the fact that you use skype.

I"m not aware of a workaround other than upgrading to ACT 2013 which does support Windows 8

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bearpaw
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Normally, once you enter an area code, the box does not pop up again.  If it continues to pop up, I would suspect that it is due to an incompatibility between ACT 2010 and Windows 8 - (it's not supported), rather than due to the fact that you use skype.

I"m not aware of a workaround other than upgrading to ACT 2013 which does support Windows 8

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thanks for the reply. That could be the answer and if that is all it is then I have no problem clicking twice. Maybe it will not be long until my company does an up grade. I really like the use of Skype. I have a portable phone that has my regular house phone and the Skype phone connections for walk around. Also set up for Skype to ring my cell when I do not pick it up at the computer and I can talk on my cell through the computer on Skype. Plus it is cheap.

I have a windows 8 computer with no modem running act 2012 doing the same thing; two extra clicks to clear the set up telephone dialog screen.  No big deal, but then it would be nice for the program to load directly.

Platinum Super Contributor

Community member Nomphra has posted instructions to discontinue the phone dialog box in the following post: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/ACT-2012-amp-Windows-8-phone-dialog-prompt-everytime-I-run/m-p/...

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks. I thought that was the problem. It only occurs when I sigh in, so I can deal with it for now.