Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone Format Country codes

Phone Format Country codes

Does anyone know how to keep the country Code i.e New Zealand as default location. I;m based in New Zealand and every time I add a new contact I have to change the country location. A real nuisance Smiley Mad

Cheers
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Phone Format Country codes

In your My Record, set the Country field to New Zealand.
Also fill in the phone field.

Many Thanks

Soory but that didn't work keeps coming up with Austalian Country code. Speros

You My Record has New Zealand as the Country?
Is this for a new record or one already created... it won't change the data already in ACT!

Mike this was creating for a new contact. Maybe its because I downloaded a trial version (10) before I purchased a license version and its still some setup / install cros refence of data only guessing though?????????. Cheers Speros M

There is no difference between the trial and a purchased version... only the entry of the license key

Unless you've changed the country field, this is how it should work. More than that someone might need to take a quick look at your database

You may need to change the phone field default to New Zealand on your "my record". The little box at the end of the phone number field has "..." so click on this and you will see the default country listed. Click through the list and find New Zealand and select it. Make sure that your phone number format is what you want or change it to be so. Once done, you should be able to enter phone numbers and have them appear in the format you are used to. At the same time, you can change the country code in your "my record" to New Zealand as mentioned above. One does not affect the other, so changing the default country and changing the default phone info are separate events and control separate aspects of data. It makes sense when you have someone living in say the UK, but is on business travel in New Zealand and they have a NZ phone number when there, but don't actually live there.

Hi Thanks, that was very good information as to how the phone fields work and yes I can see the logic. I did as you suggested but what I was trying to achieve, bearing in mind your reply and information, is to make every country code for every new contact record created be New Zealand by default if the person lives in say UK then I will change that manually. This is the way it worked in my ACT 6.0 database. I stumped for solutions. Regards Speros Macris

This may not be scientific, but it works for me. In India, we have some real wierd phone formats. The area codes of big metros are 2 digits, but otherwise it can be 3-5 digits. The phone numbers in metros are 8 digits, else where it can be 6-7. But all cell phones are 10 digits!Smiley Sad

So while on my record, i select the phone format button and key in a format like (%%) %%%%-%%%% for landline numbers and set this format to default. Same with cell phone -%%%%%-%%%%% and set this format to default.

Works for me!
With Regards.

Gopinath Narayanan
Belladonna IT | Bangalore | India