Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone/Country Code Issue

Phone/Country Code Issue

Hi,

Just getting started with ACT for the first time (about 2 weeks in now)..

Whenever I import my records - the country code  for all countries is fine (shows up as +%%% etc) but for saudi arabia the country code does not show up?

Does this have anything to do with the fact my location is Saudi? I tried changing my Windows system location to another country (and then reimporting all the records - since I know once imported u cannot change the associated country codes) - that still did not fix the issue.

How can I get the country code to show up for all countries?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Phone/Country Code Issue

When the country code for a record matches you're My Record, it's usually hidden by default

And you CAN change the associated country code for a record any time you like

I am using the Demo database (removed/imported records into it) so "My record" is Chris huffman - US.

Interesting about changing the associated country code - i change the country but the code stays the same. Anyways the former is the pressing issue at the moment...

Changing the country doesn't change the country code ... pressing the button to the right of each phone field enables you to do that

Thanks. I will try that.... as soon as this other issue I'm having now is resolved!

Cannot create new database! Keeps timing out... I tried installing+reinstalling ACT and also SQL and tried fiddling with timeout settings in actdiag. I set timeout values to "0" now it seems to be working.  Is there a cleaner solution to this?

But let's not get off topic.

The issue is still there even after I change the country code from clicking the "..." box next to the phone number.

I am trying to sync with sage connect and ALL numbers are fine except for any Saudi Arabia number?? it ignores the country code completely...

It is really frustrating...

I stopped using Sage Connect as it mishandles a lot of international issues.

If you want proper sync to mobile devices that properly supports international phone numbers, you should use Handheld Contact