Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone Call / Call Volume Report Tracking

Phone Call / Call Volume Report Tracking

How easy is ACT! 2010 to use in terms of tracking phone calls and generating reports? 

For example, we need to be able to export call data reports (i.e., contact name, phone #, date of call, call duration, etc.), whether on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or whatever time period we want to track.  This is so we can track call volume and the individual contacts our salespeople make (as they have measurable call goals to meet).  Obviously, there are telemarketing software options available that may work as they slant more in terms of call tracking as opposed to the "CRM" side regarding client development and relationship building; however, we would prefer to simply upgrade from the current ACT! 2000 version we have been using for WAY too long to ACT! 2010, continue to utilize its client development tools, while adding the ability to generate reports on call volume, etc.  I understand that through either the ACT! Reader Utility or ACT! OLE DB Report provider, that we may be able to use third party software (e.g., Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access or Excel) to export ACT! data and create custom reports.  Does this seem like an achieveable goal or is there an easier/better way someone could suggest?  Is the ACT! Reader Utility / ACT! OLE DB Report provider an "add-on" purchased separately or is it bundled in the software package?  Also, if Crystal Reports were to be used, does this require a separate installation or is there a "Crystal Report ACT! Bundle" available as an add-on?  I'm just trying to get a better idea on what we need to purchase and/or consider purchasing as an add-on.

Thank you for any input, it is much appreciated!!

Silver Contributor

Re: Phone Call / Call Volume Report Tracking

Crystal is the best tool for call tracking.  There are crystal reports readers that can be had.  If you have ACT 2010, I"d use hte OLDDB provider #2 and Crystal REports along with Crystal Clear Provider.  Many aCT consultants can provide this or if you contact me, I'd be glad to have conversation with you about some options.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Jon,

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.  As I continue to educate myself further on this and alternative options, I will keep you in mind should I have any question(s) pertaining to what you addressed.

[ Edited ]

Your call center automation software should be able to run many different types of reports. 

Chet Hayes

[Edit: Removed direct link to website. Please do not post links to third-party sites not related to topic]

Chet,

That was my initial dilemma - since we currently have no "call center automation software" and just use an old version of ACT! (believe 2000) to track prospective client data, do we bring in call center software (i.e., Avaya, etc.) as tracking call volume, etc. is a critical component of managing a call center or do we upgrade the old version of ACT! to the newest available and hope the "add-ons" and use of Crystal Reports will provide adequate and somewhat simple reporting? 

It would seem intuitive that any call center automation software would be simpler for tracking call volume and generating reports (whether daily, weekly, monthly); however, how are they in terms of the CRM side of keeping notes, prospective client data, call backs, etc.?  The opposite concern with a CRM program like ACT! is that it appears tracking call volume and generating custom reports requires additional work-arounds and is not as intuitive as the call center software would be, but would have an edge regarding the general CRM features. 

I really don't know what route to go as of yet.  With everyone being familiar with ACT! up to this point, it may be easier to integrate with the salespeople rather than train them on something completely new.  It won't be them generating reports via Crystal, so the interface would simply be an upgrade to the newest ACT! for them.

Silver Contributor

If you are wanting to track call volume and are familiar with ACT, ACT should meet your needs. The reports would really bring some value to teh entrie project without having to move to an a new platform.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider