Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phantom Activity

Copper Contributor

Phantom Activity

I have a situation where a recurring activity prints on the daily calendar but is not listed under activities or history.  I want to be able to delete this recurring activity but am unable to find it to delete it. 

Using ACT! for Financial Professionals v11.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in locating this phantom activity and removing it.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Phantom Activity

First, check to see if a filter is set.  Make sure you are viewing ALL dates and Activity Types.  If you still don't see it, check to see if the activity is scheduled in white.  When scheduling an activity, you can select a color for it.  If you select white, you won't see it on the white calendar.

Good luck.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

Yes, I've checked for all the normal things: there are no filters, it is not a private activity, it is not in white - it is in pink. The recurring activity was assigned to one person by another (the pink tells us who assigned it).  The activity only shows up on the calendar for the person to whom it was assigned only when printed - it does not appear on the calendar otherwise.
Platinum Super Contributor

Have you tried running maintenance on your database? 

First you will run 'Check and Repair' located under the Tools > Database Maintenance option.

Second, you can run 'Fix Known Activity Data Issues' option found in the ActDiag utility.  For instructions for running this option, visit this article:  

KB Article 19642

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

The Check and Repair was done with no effect.   I did not try the Fix Known Activity Data Issue in the ActDiag utility; I will try that and let you know if it takes care of the issue.