Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Personal files backup no access

Copper Contributor

Personal files backup no access

When I try to backup my Personal Files in ACT! 18, I get a permission error saying I do not have access to my .ADF file. I do not have the same issue when I back up my database file. I have created a new database to test backup, getting the same error message.

I tried to repair the database using the Actdiag program. It times out, then gives me an option to repair, stating I may loose data. The same results with the newly created database with only my contact.

I am running Durkin Suite 6. I am suspicious this addon has corrupted my data.

Any suggestions how to fix? 

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Personal files backup no access

Hi woodfintech,

Please can you tell us exactly what version of Act you're running? (Help > About Act)
Have you tried disabling any add-ons and attempting to run the backup again? You can do this from Tools > Manage Add-ons.
Can you confirm you have the appropriate read/write permissions on the .ADF file?
Copper Contributor

Act! Pro Version 18.1.103.0

I disabled all add-ons, restarted ACT!. Still will not allow access.

As far as I know I do not have read / write restrictions.

If It had restrictions, would it also restrict the database backup? Currently I can backup the database.

Thanks

Administrator

Could you try creating a new Windows users with full admin privileges and attempting the personal files backup again?
I'm not sure how the .ADF file is accessed during the different backups, but this test should rule out permissions issues.
Copper Contributor

Created new admin user. Backup worked on personal files. Saved personal files backup to memory card.

Must be a problem with permissions. This started about a week ago. I have checked file level, folder level, and drive level permissions. It appears I do not have any restrictions.

Very frustrating.