Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Personal & Vacation Activity Durantions Keep Getting Changed

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Personal & Vacation Activity Durantions Keep Getting Changed

Hi Jon

Any further thoughts?

It's getting silly! All activities apart from Call, Appointment, Meeting & To Do are changing to 5 mins duration, timeless, 0 mins alarm. This isn't the default for anything.

It it causing me to lose times and durations of activities - which if only logged on ACT are being lost!!

Also, even after rescheduling they can change immediately after sync with Google Calendar. This happened 5 time this morning on one activity!

I did remove the only external input to Google & replaced it with another. But the above problems still occurred. Have since deleted that too.

A constantly self-changing diary isn't much use!

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Jon

It's got worse!

Tried cleaning up integration by reinstalling a clean Google Calendar app on my phone, deleting an old calendar In case it was causing issue), cleared all entries online on Google and did this: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33804

Then set up integration again. 2 problems:

1. Nothing now on Google calendar
  2. Deleted nots of activities on ACT! (personal/vacation etc & even meetings!). Even though settings are set for ACT to drive changes (i.e. update google from act and leave Google changes on Act.)

sadly last scheduled back-up was just after making changes so cannot recover lost activities (loads of them!!!)

I'm unlinking Google again and rebuilding Act activities.

Can you please advise on:

1. Why Act activities are not showing on Google?
  2. How Can Google delete / change activities when set not to?
  3. Is Outlook more stable? Was having issues but they might have stopped (https://community.act.com/t5/Act/Act-Integration-has-stopped-working-when-sync-Outlook-Contacts/td-p...)
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi TZAL,

Sorry to hear that - I'm not sure how that could have happened. As you've said - resetting the integration between Google and Act shouldn't remove any Act activities you have in your calendar.

My strongest recommendation would be to consider taking out a temporary support contract, so that one of our UK-based tech support agents can call you and take a look at the issue in-depth.

However, if you'd rather not go down that route - the next thing I'd recommend is setting up a new blank database, linking your google calendar to it, then creating a bunch of different activities and syncing them backwards and forwards quite a few times. We need to asses whether this is an issue with your database specifically, or if it's an issue with the install of Act! - or even if it's an issue with your google account.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Jon

Thanks, I've set up a dummy database. Will test for a while. This time, Google is thankfully showing activities.

Will the dummy database sync when it;s not open i.e. when I'm using my main database? Or do I need to open it

Also, how do I take out a temp support package?

Highlighted
Administrator

If you have a regular scheduled sync - this will sync even when the database is not open - though your PC will need to be on.

To take out a support contract, check out:
https://www.act.com/en-uk/contact-us

And get in touch with us via webchat/email/phone and a rep should be able to help you
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Jon

Thanks but just encountered a problem with syncing the dummy database to Google - it also affects my main database's address book on Outlook. meaning that I cannot attach email messages to contacts:

ACT.PNG

When I altered Outlook's default ACT address book, it stopped Google's calendar sync.

So that test has gone for a burton!

I've contacted support.

Any other ideas in the meantime?

Any other iedeas

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

PS just seen that the sync attempted with Google calendar yesterday (that didn't show on any Google calendars yesterday) is now showing!

Have disconnected though just in case - cannot waste any more time reinstating incorrectly deleted activities!
Highlighted
Administrator

It does sound like there may be an issue with the address book service on your PC, or something preventing the Act.Integration service from running properly.

Have you made sure to add exceptions for the Act! program to your antivirus/firewall?
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hi Jon

I'm using ESET - is that known to cause any conflicts with ACT?

Nothing has been set up to exclude on ESET. What needs excluding? Is it the database, the application or what path?

Highlighted
Administrator

I have seen ESET cause issues in the past actually - although, I wouldn't expect behaviour like modifying activities. I could explain the crashing though.

Check out this KB for recommendations on exceptions.
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125

Essentially, the EXE files listed above, as well as adding an exception to the whole Act install folder should cover everything. You can probably ignore the part about ports, as that's usually if you're having connection/network issues.