Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Permission Denied message when configuring ACT 2010 and LaserApp

Permission Denied message when configuring ACT 2010 and LaserApp

Hi, I am attempting to setup a connection between ACT! and LaserApp and I am getting a permission denied message when doing so. As part of the initial setup, you must point LaserApp to your ACT database so the fields can be mapped correctly. I select my database and enter the username and password, but I receive a popup that says "Permission Denied" I have verified that the username and password I'm using are correct. I have actually tried connecting with two different ID's .Both of the usernames I am using are Admin's in ACT.  The Windows account I am using is a local administrator on the computer.

Here are the specifics on my config:

ACT! Premium 2010 v 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1

LaserApp 10.0.0.35

Windows 7 64bit

Database is stored locally in My Documents.

Here is a link to the LaserApp site which shows how to configure the link between the two applications. I can;t proceed past step 6.

http://www.laserapp.com/kbase/?p=7386

As a side note, I also have ACT 6 installed on this computer and I am able to get past step 6 using that database.

I'm not really familiar with ACT. Is there some sort of setting that has to be enabled to let another application access and login to the database.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Permission Denied message when configuring ACT 2010 and LaserApp

Hello Mcary23,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

While we don't support LaserApp, your issue may be due to restrictions by the the Windows UAC function. 

Try running LaserApp with the 'Run as administrator' option, then link to Sage ACT!.  To run as adminstrator: close LaserApp, right click LaserApp icon, select 'Run as administrator', attempt to link.

You may need to disable the UAC function.  Here is an article with instructions: KB Article 25665

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the response.  I actually just got it working. I ended up removing the exisiting DB and recreated it from a restore and it worked fine.

Platinum Super Contributor

I'm glad to hear it is now working! Thank you for posting the update.
Greg Martin
Sage